The most amazing support to break the yo-yo diet cycle
Join a weight loss group – You are not alone in how you’ve been fighting the fat and perhaps feeling like a failure.
We’ve been there, and even though we knew we should “eat less” and “move more”, that advice didn’t seem to make a difference long term.
That’s why we take a different approach. You’ll be with a small bunch of like-minded people as you explore the reasons why you’ve gained weight, and discover how to make different choices so that food is no longer a battle ground, and can truly be a pleasure again.
You are worth taking this time for yourself – you can become the person you want to be – go for it.
What are groups like?
- A friendly, private place to share your experiences, focus on yourself and what you really want
- Meet weekly for an hour with no more than 12 like minded people (all of the same sex) – the power of the group is hugely motivational and helps you stay on track
- Be supported and listened to by a trained LighterLife Counsellor using LighterLife weekly modules – designed to help you deal with all of life’s challenges
- We use proven psychological techniques like cognitive behavioural therapy (used in the NHS) and transactional analysis. Find out more about our psychological approach.
- Work with our unique activity books in group and at home – and build an amazing toolkit with our members area resources to master your relationship with food.
- And did you know our group support is proven to help you keep weight off long term?*
Life is hectic – so we’ve two easy ways to join a weekly group
- Join a group at your local centre
- Additional pop-in sessions to catch-up, swap Foodpacks and get any support you need
- Dial into a telephone group using a local rate number.
- Additional catch-up sessions and a LL2U Mentor available by phone, email, forum and text for any support you need
Let us help you get started
Find the best plan for you. Fill in a few details and we’ll recommend the best plan for you
LighterLife Republic of Ireland has centres in Athlone, Athboy, Longford, Maynooth, Mullingar, Navan and Waterford.
BREAKING NEWS! LighterLife Limerick launching on 15th May 2019! Come along to the Absolute Hotel, Limerick 6.30pm. Special Guest Appearance from actress Mary McEvoy who let go of 4 stone with LighterLife Ireland . Contact Norma Clarke 085 867 9945 for more information.
Emma tells us how being a size 32 as she hit her thirties, was the point she realised she’d been in denial about her size, she knew something needed to change, fast.
‘I’d find myself lying awake at night full of anxiety thinking: If I don’t lose weight, I’m going to die. I’m not ready to die.
I needed to change, but I couldn’t do it alone. I needed help and I’ve never been good at asking for help.
Emma lost 13st 10lbs* “I was an emotional eater. I like the group counselling – it helps you to change for lasting results. I owe so much to LighterLife and recommend it to everyone.” Read more
Do you need to join a group?
If you’re asking yourself this question, ask yourself if you just want to lose weight – or keep it off this time?
Then think about the reasons why people overeat – in fact ask yourself and you will hear things like:
Bored, stressed, lonely, happy, unhappy… And what are the things people do to try to lose weight? Count calories, GP, gym, acupuncture, surgery.
The reasons are all emotional, yet the typical solutions are purely physical. And whilst to lose weight you need to change what you eat, understanding and dealing with the emotional causes in group will help you to not overeat and sabotage all of your efforts to change. So what have you got to lose?