Stylish and elegant, this delicious dessert is simplicity itself to make. Keep a roll of ready-made filo pastry in your freezer to defrost and use as required.
per serving: 161 kcal, 11g protein, 23g carbs, 3g fat, 1g fibre
You will need:
2 x 15g sheets filo pastry
1 medium egg, beaten
100g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
2 ripe apricots, quartered
80g ripe cherries, pitted
2 tsp icing sugar, for dusting
sprigs of mint, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200°F, gas mark 6.
- Cut the two sheets of filo pastry in half, so you have four squares. Brush one sheet lightly with some of the beaten egg. Place another sheet on top and brush with the egg. Continue layering all four sheets in this way.
- Brush the top with beaten egg and then cut the filo pastry square in half into two rectangles. Cut each rectangular strip into three equal-sized squares. You should end up with six squares.
- Place the filo squares on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes, until they’re crisp and lightly golden. Remove and leave to cool.
- When thoroughly cool, spread one of the filo squares with a little of the yoghurt. Top with two apricot quarters, some cherries and raspberries, and cover with another filo square. Spread with more yoghurt and add two quartered apricots, cherries and raspberries, and then top with a third filo sheet. Assemble the other stack in the same way, reserving a few raspberries and/or cherries for decoration.
- Place each stack on a serving plate, surround with the remaining fruit and then dust lightly with icing sugar. Serve immediately, decorated with sprigs of mint.